Top 10 Things To Do Before Heading Back to School
10) Pick up fresh incense from the Salty Dog and a fancy planner or calendar from Paper Source. Stock up on pens, paper, and notebooks from Hinkson’s, which gets a master list from local schools and can put together an order for next-day pickup. Talk about convenience!
9) Sign up for SAT Prep classes at Princeton Review. Students hoping to boost their scores on upcoming tests can take courses at 194 Nassau Street, or online.
8) Register for after school and weekend classes at the Arts Council of Princeton, where drawing, painting, Manga, video production, Flamenco dance, and flash animation are only a few of the offerings on the ever-growing roster.
7) Get season tickets to Princeton University football games. Kids can toss a ball with Tiger team members following each game. Make sure to get your ball signed by the players—you might be playing with a future Supreme Court Justice or chief executive!
6) Get ready to run and be kind to your feet! Have a running gait analysis at Princeton Running Company before investing in a new pair of athletic shoes. Then head over to Hulit’s for Sperry boat shoes, or to Birkenstock for new clogs.
5) Stock up on the essentials: Consider a quilted jacket from Barbour, a backpack from Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, Carhardt attire from the Princeton Army & Navy store, and tee-shirts and caps with the Princeton University logo from the Princeton University Store.
4) Eat healthy! Learn how to make nutritious school lunches at the special classes being held at Terra Momo Kitchen at the YMCA. And while you’re there, pick up dinner from the takeout menu. Across town, check out the whole grain bakery and gourmet vegetarian deli at the Whole Earth Center for healthful lunch options.
3) Get ready for your class picture with a haircut and highlights from B&B Color Studio, a manicure from Princeton Nail Salon, and a brow wax from Benefit.
2) Don’t forget to pick up a copy of your vaccination records during your annual physical. And to have your teeth cleaned and whitened.
1) Last but not least, mark your calendar for the Ninth Annual Children’s Book Festival at Princeton Public Library on September 20. More than 90 award-winning authors and illustrators will be on hand including Brian Floca, Pseudonymous Bosch, and Dan Yaccarino, who created the poster for this year’s festival.